scrAPES #12 San Francisco Becomes The First City to Ban Sale of Plastic Bottles
Link: http://www.globalflare.com/san-francisco-becomes-the-first-city-to-ban-sale-of-plastic-bottles/
By: Scott Jensen
Topic: Reducing Waste
This article talks about how San Francisco passes a law that bans plastic bottles. They have been the first city in America to ban plastic bottles. Now in the following years there will be less plastic in the streets thanks to the new law. Reducing plastic bottle also reduces pollution and waste. It also states that if people violate this law they can be punished by fines being up to 1,000 dollars. By 2020 the city might have achieve the "zero-waste-goal" and no waste going into landfills.
The reason why I chose this article is because I support the new law San Francisco passed. I believe that this will have a great impact on the city and the world. I hope that other huge cities like Boston can follow the same path. This is a great way to reduce trash and to live a healthy life. There will no longer be plastic lying around the streets or hurting anyone.
This article is important to Environmental Science because reducing plastic is a great way to help the earth. If people reduce trash we can all live a healthy life by saving animals and plants. San Fransisco shouldn't be the only city doing this, more cities should follow San Francisco's idea because I do believe this will change the world.
I love it! I wish all cities would do this! 5/5
ReplyDelete